The purpose of the personnel programme is to contribute to partner organisations’ organisational development and knowledge-building. The posting of expatriate personnel should make use of pre-existing local structures and resources, and it must not conflict with national priorities or other constructive initiatives.
Therefore, DPOD has liaison officers in some partner countries in order to coordinate with relevant national and international actors. Liaison officer must be the focal point for co-ordination between all Mini-Programme initiatives in the country concerned.
Posted staff will also become involved in awareness-raising and information initiatives in Denmark in order to spread information on their efforts in the developing world, for instance by means of articles, members’ meetings, cultural events and talks. When DPOD enters into contracts with posting organisations, an awareness-raising plan will be drawn up along with posted staff.
- The objectives of such postings
- The most important parties
- Application procedure
- Role and responsibilities of member organisation, the host organisation and DPOD
- List of organisations using the Personal Programme
- A description of a normal day as a development worker