Danida; new Civil Society Strategy
Danida has developed a new strategy for Danish support to civil society in developing countries. This Civil Society Strategy sets out a number of strategic goals for Danish support to civil society development.
- Chapter 1 of the strategy specifies strategic goals providing the basis for the future performance measurement of the Danish development interventions in this area.
- Chapter 2 analyses and summarises current challenges facing civil
- Chapter 3 presents the basic characteristics of civil society’s
involvement in development work, including a description of the various
types of organisations as well as the different roles that civil
- Chapter 4 lists the operational principles for Danish support to
development of a strong civil society.
- Chapter 5 contains a review of the different forms of cooperation
used in connection with Danish contributions to development activities
implemented by civil society organisations.
- Chapter 6 presents civil society’s special tasks in connection with popular foundation, whilst
- Chapter 7 elaborates on how the strategy will be implemented in practice.
- (in Danish)